PC (Polycarbonate) is a high performance, sustainable and eco-efficient material used in a large variety of everyday applications. It has a unique combination of properties, offering clarity, durability, safety, and versatility, as well as heat and shatter resistance. Products made from polycarbonate include sheets for roofing and glazing, optical media, IT-parts, spectacle lenses, medical devices, leisure articles and food contact materials. These products contribute substantially to the safety and well-being of consumers.
Polycarbonate enables the manufacture of technical high performance products in sophisticated forms and sizes. It improves quality of life and enhances safety and convenience for users and consumers all around the world.
Its main benefits include:
- Polycarbonate plastic is an extremely durable material. This makes it the material of choice where long product life and reliable performance are critical.
- Polycarbonate is virtually unbreakable. Through its high impact resistance, it provides greater safety and comfort for applications where reliability and high performance are essential.
- Polycarbonate is an extremely clear plastic that offers excellent visibility and transmits light better than alternative materials.
- Polycarbonate’s light weight allows for architectural and design creativity. This leads to increased resource efficiency and reduced financial and environmental costs for transportation.
- Polycarbonate plastic provides excellent heat resistance, which facilitates good hygiene conditions when cleaning at higher temperatures.
- The performance of polycarbonate is being constantly improved. Through technical and scientific innovation, new applications and product benefits are being offered, which enable market sectors to develop, providing consumers with additional services and benefits.